Auto Accident Lawyer in Macon/Savannah, GA
After an auto accident, particularly a more serious one, it is important to act fast and get started with the claims process. This is not only because there might be vital evidence you need to capture and time limits to adhere to, but also because the sooner you file, the quicker you can receive your much-needed settlement check. If someone else caused your accident, you should not have to pay for things out-of-pocket such as your medical bills and lost wages.
So get help from an auto accident lawyer in Macon or Savannah, GA from 1Georgia Injury Lawyers, PLLC to get the compensation you need. Call our office at 828-597-0041.
Do I need to hire an auto accident lawyer?
A lot of auto accident claimants are initially reluctant to get started with a claim or lawsuit because they have a lot of questions. With which insurance company do I file a claim? What types of damages can I collect and how much should my settlement be? What do I do if the insurer is disputing my claim? Do I need an auto accident lawyer?
Fender benders and other accidents with minimal damages might not require an auto accident lawyer. You can simply file a claim with either your insurance company if you were at fault, or with the other party’s insurance company if she was at fault.
However, victims of more serious accidents involving substantial injuries and damages should seek help from a reputable car accident lawyer. There are legal options you may not know about or understand, and without an auto accident lawyer to explain the details, you could shoot yourself in the foot and agree to a settlement that is far less than what you are actually entitled to. Or worse – you could make a serious misstep and the insurer may deny your claim.
An attorney can make sure your claim is handled correctly and can help you build a case to recover a maximum settlement. If any of the following applies to your collision, consult an auto accident lawyer straightaway.
- Your injuries are serious, catastrophic, hard to prove (e.g., whiplash or aggravated pre-existing injuries), or you became disabled or disfigured.
- The other party is blaming you for the accident or deflecting fault.
- The other party was grossly at fault, e.g., drunk driving, fleeing police, hit and run, texting.
- It will be a challenge to collect evidence, e.g., truck driver logs, traffic cam surveillance, phone records, etc.
- More than two parties were involved in the crash, or the party at fault is a company or a public entity.
- The insurance company denied your claim or is offering you a settlement that is insufficient.
What benefits can an attorney provide for my case?
There is a plethora of benefits to having an auto accident lawyer.
An auto accident lawyer from 1Georgia Injury Lawyers, PLLC will help you handle insurance adjusters, file paperwork with the right agencies, do a lot of the legal legwork, and make sure your case is on point to increase your chances of success.
They can use their skills, background, and legal resources to your benefit. When it comes down to it, the right car accident lawyer can provide some important advantages to help you get fair compensation and settle in a timely manner.
- Get the compensation you deserve – 1Georgia Injury Lawyers, PLLC will take the time to fully assess your damages, and understand your injuries and what it will take to compensate you for them. Your attorney will use evidence to argue the other party’s fault so that you can recover what you deserve. Likewise, your attorney will account for every one of your accident-related expenses and losses, both current and future. This way, your settlement check will be more substantial and fully compensate you. And if the insurer refuses to make a fair settlement offer, we will take your claim to court.
- Get a quicker settlement – We have seen insurers’ tricks. We know how to anticipate them and how to address them. Your attorney will build and present a case with convincing and thorough evidence so your case settles faster. And if it does not settle, we will be thoroughly prepared to litigate your case in court.
What types of auto accident cases does 1Georgia Injury Lawyers, PLLC accept?
Our firm handles all nature of auto accidents in Macon, Savannah, and the surrounding areas. Some of the most common types of cases we handle include the following.
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck and bus accidents
- Motorcycle and moped accidents
- Transit accidents
- Auto accidents while on the job
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
We offer a free consultation, so contact 1Georgia Injury Lawyers, PLLC today at 828-597-0041 to set up a consultation so you can speak to an auto accident lawyer.